Injection moulding (U.S. spelling: injection molding) is a manufacturing process for producing parts by injecting molten material into a mould, or mold.
There are different types of injection molding with differnt material, machine, tooling, let’s see details to find out more.
Material Type for injection molding
- Liquid silicone rubber injection moulding.
- Plastic injection molding
Machine Type for injection molding
- Horizontal injection molding machine
- Vertical injection molding machine
Tooling Type for injection molding
- Prototype injection molding tooling for small volume parts, usually only 1 cavity
- Normal injection molding tooling for common products such as kitchenware, tableware
- High precesion injection molding tooling for component parts which require high precesion & tight tolerance, these tools required high precesion and high quality material made.
- Dual injection molding tooling for dual-injection (overmolding within 1 injection process), this advanced is based on traditional overmolding but with 2 or more toolings combine together, finish first injection process then rotate the mould to finish second injection process to create final parts, these toolings require more technique and much higher precesion, only suitable for high end products with dual color or materials.